R-Cast - Quick Start
- Install R-Cast channel in your Roku device
- Install R-Cast app in your iOS device
- Connect your iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku device
- The app will detect Roku devices in your network
- Add your Roku manually using its IP Address if it is not detected automatically
- Browse the web for your favorite entertainment
- Play the videos to launch the cast menu
- Select the Roku device to cast and voila!
- Enjoy videos on the big screen!!
R-Cast - Help & FAQs
What is R-Cast?
R-Cast lets you cast online videos from your iOS device to Roku! This app is intended to help cast videos embedded in websites that don't have a Roku channel.
Browse the web for videos in the iOS app and cast them to the Roku channel. It's that easy!
Please note that not all videos can be cast (for example HTTPS videos, live streams, etc). Videos in the web that are not in high definition, might not look the same on your HD TV as they look in a small screen. If the video website already has a Roku channel, please use its channel.
Some websites might not cast from iOS 7.1 devices. YouTube videos in HTTPS will not cast, please use the YouTube app. If you see R-Cast channel load the video and return to the home screen it is usually because of incompatible video format. Roku doesn't play all video formats that play in iOS devices.
You will only be able to cast online videos from webpages and not the videos stored in your phone.
THIS APP & CHANNEL IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH ROKU.
What do I get with R-Cast Radical Edition upgrade?
R-Cast Radical Edition is an in-app upgrade priced at 2.99 USD or equivalent in local currency. It has no time limits and removes the ads at the bottom of the browser. It doesn't remove the ads hosted by the websites you visit. Upgrade to watch videos longer than 10 minutes. Please make sure the websites you frequently use work in R-Cast before upgrading to the Radical Edition. The Radical Edition will also allow you to save and resume previous video casts.
After upgrading if you uninstall and re-install the app then use 'Refresh Purchase' option in the Upgrade menu to download your previous purchase. You can use 'Refresh Purchase' option to download your purchase in a new iOS device using the same Apple account. If you get "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" message then please sign out in the iTunes & App Store Settings, sign back in and refresh purchase again.
How do I connect with Roku devices? I have trouble detecting them.
Once you install the app and channel in your devices, make sure they are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. The app will automatically detect Roku devices in your network. If it is not able to find them, use the 'refresh' button in the Roku devices screen to scan for devices. If you have trouble detecting your Roku, reboot your phone, Roku, WiFi router and try refreshing again. If it still fails to detect then add the Roku manually using its IP address from Roku's Network Settings.
I have trouble casting videos to my Roku, what can I do?
Here are some steps to troubleshoot:
- Make sure your Roku device and your iOS device are in the same Wi-Fi network.
- Check if your Roku device is listed in the Roku devices screen, if not refresh it.
- When you play the video in the web page it will launch the cast menu.
- If the video is already playing or if you don't get the cast menu, refresh the page to get the cast menu.
- Some websites might not cast from iOS 7.1 devices.
- If you see R-Cast channel load the video and return to the home screen it is usually because of incompatible video format.
- Roku doesn't play all video formats that play in iOS devices.
- Make sure the R-Cast channel is installed in your Roku device.
- You will need both the app and the channel for this to work.
- Not all videos can be cast (like HTTPS videos, live streams, etc).
- If you don't get the cast menu or if the video isn't playing, please contact us. We'll be glad to help you.
Some videos do not play, why?
Not all video websites work in all versions of Roku devices. For instance, HTTPS videos and live streams will not work. Please make sure the video sites you frequently use work before upgrading to the paid version.
Can I cast videos stored in my iOS device?
No, you can only cast videos that are available online. Both iOS and Roku devices should have access to the Internet.
Do you collect any information on what is being cast?
No, we do not collect any information about what is being cast. You can be confident that R-Cast does not employ any usage analytics either! We would like to know how much fun you are having with this app so please share your R-Cast stories via email or if you choose to write a review about the app in the App Store. We'd like to hear from our users but their business is their business!
In the free version, does the 10 minute time limit apply to the browser or only to the Roku device?
The 10 minute time limit only applies to the Roku device. There are no time limits on the browser. You can browse and watch videos locally for as long as you want. To remove ads at the bottom of the browser you have to upgrade the browser.
How do I contact support?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions and feedback. All emails will be responded typically within 24 hours.