A-Cast - Quick Start
- Install A-Cast Player in your Apple TV
- Install A-Cast app in your iOS device
- Connect your iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV
- Open both apps and add the TV your iOS device in the A-Cast app
- Browse the web for your favorite entertainment
- Play the videos to launch the cast menu
- Keeping the player open, select the Apple TV to cast and voila!
- Enjoy videos on the big screen!!
A-Cast - Help & FAQs
What is A-Cast?
A-Cast lets you cast web videos from your iOS device to Apple TV! This app is intended to help cast videos embedded in websites. Install the A-Cast Player and A-Cast in your Apple TV and iOS devices respectively. After you connect the devices to the same Wi-Fi network, launch both apps and add the TV to your iOS device in A-Cast app. Browse the web for videos in the iOS app and cast them to Apple TV. It's that easy!
NOTE: Please keep the A-Cast Player open in Apple TV when using A-Cast app at all times.
You will only be able to cast online videos from webpages and not the videos stored in your phone.
Video demo showing how to cast videos using A-Cast and A-Cast Player:
What do I get with A-Cast All-Star Edition upgrade?
A-Cast All-Star Edition is an in-app upgrade priced at 3.99 USD or equivalent in local currency. It has no time limits and removes the ads at the bottom of the browser. It doesn't remove the ads hosted by the websites you visit. Upgrade to watch videos longer than 10 minutes. Please make sure the websites you frequently use work in A-Cast before upgrading to the All-Star Edition.
After upgrading if you uninstall the app and re-install it then please use 'Refresh Purchase' option in the Upgrade menu to download your purchase/upgrade. You can use 'Refresh Purchase' option to download your purchase in a new iOS device using the same Apple account.
How do I connect with Apple TV? I have trouble adding them.
Once you install the apps in your iOS device and Apple TV, make sure they are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Open both apps and add the TV your iOS device in the A-Cast app. In the Apple TV screen tap + to add a new TV using its IP Address.
Please keep the A-Cast Player open in Apple TV when adding it to the A-Cast app.
I have trouble casting videos to my Apple TV, what can I do?
Here are some steps to troubleshoot:
- Make sure your Apple TV and your iOS device are in the same Wi-Fi network.
- If A-Cast Player is not displaying Apple TV's IP Address then look for it Network Settings.
- If your TV's IP Address has changed then change it in A-Cast app's TV menu.
- When you play the video in the web page it will launch the cast menu.
- Keep the A-Cast Player open in Apple TV before casting videos from the A-Cast app.
- If the video is already playing or if you don't get the cast menu, refresh the page to get the cast menu.
- Some websites might not cast from iOS 7.1 devices.
- Make sure the A-Cast Player is installed in your Apple TV.
- You will need both the apps (A-Cast & A-Cast Player) for this to work.
- If you don't get the cast menu or if the video isn't playing, please contact us. We'll be glad to help you.
Can I cast videos stored in my iOS device?
No, you can only cast videos that are available online. Both iOS device and Apple TV should have access to the Internet.
Do you collect any information on what is being cast?
No, we do not collect any information about what is being cast. You can be confident that A-Cast does not employ any usage analytics either! We would like to know how much fun you are having with this app so please share your A-Cast stories via email or if you choose to write a review about the app in the App Store. We'd like to hear from our users but their business is their business!
In the free version, does the 10 minute time limit apply to the browser or only to the Apple TV?
The 10 minute time limit only applies to the Apple TV. There are no time limits on the browser. You can browse and watch videos locally for as long as you want. To remove ads at the bottom of the browser you have to upgrade the browser.
How do I contact support?
Please send an email to email@example.com with your questions and feedback. All emails will be responded typically within 24 hours.